Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ent-Horse????

"WHAT!?!?! What's so funny??! I LIKE my new do! Are you ok? When horses
roll on the ground like that, they are really sick....
should I call the vet for you? Nat.... NAT!"



So yesterday I got back from the 3-day Desert Gold ride in Monterey...nice ride, but a total bust for me. The old man came up lame on the right hind half way through the first day. Much better now, but no riding that weekend. Oh well...all part of the game. Today I went up to Trinidad to help Terri set up some new fencing next to Storm's pen. He'll have a new companion soon that I will post about later... Anwyay, I went in to say hi to Storm and give him a few scratches, when what comes around the corner behind the big tree? Is it a horse? A tree, a what????? It's an Ent-Horse!!
(Ents are the living tree-creatures from Lord Of the Rings...) He LOVES rolling and sleeping in the Redwood Duff under the big redwood in his pen. But sometimes the results are too funny! His tail is a mess too and I think I will start using a tail bag on him...half an hour of grooming just to untangle the tail is nuts (and even braiding has not helped much)! Enjoy the pics :)






2 comments:

  1. I think you are onto something here...
    Lord of the Rings Part IV: Storm meets the Ents

    merri - The Equestrian Vagabond

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha :) who care who Storm meets...long as I get to meet Aragorn (and get rid of his stupid elf girlfriend....he coulda done SO much better with Eowyn, a warrior gal fitting to him, than that damned elf chick!)...now wouldn't Storm make QUITE the movie horse? :)

    ReplyDelete