Sunday, April 4, 2010

Updates...and pretty pics :)


Well, due to both lots of rain, and an increasing ride schedule (not with Storm yet though), I haven't had a ton of time to ride him. When I have, I just went on quick training rides up into Arcata Park, which is a great place. You can go on a one or so hour ride and get a GOOD hill work session in. So for less amount of time, you get good quality work. I haven't taken the camera much either, so don't have anything interesting from those rides. But two updates:
Firestorm is OFFICIALLY now ours (me, my friend Terri, and Barb Paynton his original breeder up in Canda...for those that missed it, we three went in on him together so we could afford to buy him :) ). Last payment on him was made in March and he is paid off and his paperwork arrived in my hands on Thurs when I got home from the last ride... We'll be sending off the change of ownership papers next week to KMSH... WHOO HOO! :)
Other update: I also had another package waiting for me when I got back..his pics from the Death Valley ride over New Year's. They came out AWESOME! I had my two favorites blown up to 8X12 and printed on this neat METALLIC paper. It is the coolest stuff...it really makes colors pop out and shimmer and gives the pic an almost 3-D life-like look. The copper of his coat and silver of his mane just SHINE. I wish I could show that effect online. Oh well. Here are the two I picked for that paper.... His "after the race" head shot, taken at the finish line of his FIRST ride ever. He has that typical "Storm look" that he does, with that goofy, impish twinkle in his eye. I LOVE it :) The second pic is the next day, I was trying to get him to gait well in hand for a pic (he still likes to pace or step-pace in hand). Lynne caught up doing a nice gait in one of them. Ignore my goofy look (ear muffs, sunglasses, and sweats....oh so classy! :P). The "white" on his legs is dried clay from poulticing his legs (I love to spoil my ponies) the night before.... I have a few others I got in smaller format, but have to still scan them. Will post those asap as well. All pics are by Lynne Glazer (www.lynnesite.com), an exceptional equine photographer! I am trying to get her up here to do a "real" (not at an e-ride, so that we can control place and light a tad better...not that she doesn't still somehow manage to get awesome pics in such uncontrolled places as e-rides, LOL) photoshoot. If you live in the are (Eureka area) and are interested, let me know...we need a minimum of 8ppl to sign up for her to make the trip up here from SoCal...you'll never regret it!
Last update: we are going on another series of rides at the end of this month. First, a two-day in So-Cal and then a 5-day in Utah. I will be bringing Storm to both. Both only offer 50's, which he is not ready for yet, but he'll do lots of trail marking (we are helping take down the ribbons for the first ride, then driving straight to Utah and spending the week prior to the second ride, helping put up ribbons for it...) and maybe some "Duck Miles" (both rides are run by the XP group and though they do not offer LDs, you can ride your horse "unsanctioned"...meaning you get no points for an LD... any distance you want and just go do shorter loops, or to the vet check and get hauled back, or whatever... great for starting young or unconditioned horses in the ride atmosphere) at both rides as well. This way he'll continue to get ride atmosphere exposure and get RIDDEN (since the weather is not cooperating here again...it is raining...and SNOWING! At the COAST! ...sighhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment