Wednesday, July 8, 2009

In an add on to the last post, I want ppl to go visit these two sites. One is a listing of breeders who will take back any horses they bred or sold, or help re-home them, or help in other ways. These breeders all want what is best for their stock and if I ever have the money to buy property and such and start some selective breeding, I would sign up. I would never want to see one of my babies end up at a slaughter house, just cause someone down the line can't afford to feed it or something else went wrong. Same thing as a horse owner. I have the mare (has a forever home with me) and the two young'ns...if I EVER had to sell them, they'd go on trial first and then have a buy-back clause and I would FOLLOW what happens to them throughout their lives as much as is possible. I hate how so many ppl buy a horse and then just sell it when things don't work out (or worse, when the horse is too old or injured to win those ribbons or whatever) and then never follow up...like who cares? It's just a horse and is no longer useful? GAH!!
The second link pertains to that. It is a site where you can look for past horses or help ppl find theirs...so go take a look and if you are looking for a long lost horse, give it a try!
http://www.horsereunions.com/welcome/list.html
http://www.horsereunions.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment