Monday, August 10, 2009

Still no Buck

Will add pics and vid once I get them off my mom's camera. But rode Storm in the RP some more and yesterday we upgraded to gait and trying a canter. He has a hard time balancing in the RP so the gait is very lateral and canter is not happening much either. He seemed almost afraid to go into a canter too...would drop to a halt if I barely shifted my weight (and it did not have that "trained to stop" feel) and had a hard time getting even a few strides, which he then was praised LOTS for. We will work on it. But other than that, he did really well. Though we are going to have to bump up to a crop or spur as he is VERY much ignoring my legs and prefers to just walk, LOL...to keep him in gait I was constantly bumping him with my heels and tossing the reins on his neck....and that will just make him all the more dull...
Next time I will progress to going outside the RP (I think he is bored stiff with it too, and that might be part of the lack of energy I am getting) onto the pasture area. He is being SO good. I might get him out on trail by the Redwood Ride where I'll let him camp while I manage the ride and maybe take him for a spin to pull ribbons the following day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment