Sunday, June 28, 2009

Firestorm is in CA and endurance the WRONG way...

Talked to the shippers today after I got back from a local e-ride this weekend. They made it home to Oakdale late last night sometime. Storm did great and is currently in a stall/pen at there place, looking out at one of their mares and foals (they breed stock horses as well as ship horses) and apparently adores them. They are going to call the couple up in OR and are planning on hopefully not making the run up there (and dropping Storm off in Redding for me to meet with them) til after the 4th...would be great for me, as then I don't have to miss work... So far, except for the fact that I have to call them for any contact, rather than them calling me and updating me, I really am pleased with the shipper. Still haven't seen Storm of course, but I think he'll be fine.
On another note, if you haven't heard about it yet, there is an "endurance" race in Mongolia right now, that is offering a cash prize for the winner...kind of a relay race ala the original Pony Express... anyway, the organizers have no clue and every yahoo around that wants "easy money" is going to run over there and either get hurt or hurt the horses. What a mess...NOT how endurance should be. You can read the details and sign a petition to maybe get the race organizers to rethink htere plan, by going to Karen Chaton's blog here: http://enduranceridestuff.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment