Thursday, June 18, 2009

History Continued....

(Pictures Deleted)


Ok, so it won't let me move pictures around...ah well... anyway, a few from his first ride in the round pen... he was "SO WILD" we took some goofy shots as well of me "Jockeying" him along and "GOING FAST", LOL....


(Pictures Deleted)


So...where were we? Oh yes. Feb '06... So I went up to Amber's to help with Storm. She'd already done the ground driving, saddling, etc... So I was there to get up on him and ride him around. I spent about 1/2 an hour in her round pen just moving him around and seeing how well I could control him from the ground. Seemed all ok and he gave me his attention fairly quickly. Wan't all "hot to go" either. So tack goes on and a mounting block goes next to him. Leaned over, weight over his back....all fine. Seemed mellow. So up I go. No biggie. In fact, trying to make him walk off, he wouldn't go..so Amber had to lead him at first and then we were dandy. Oh yes, and all this was in a halter too. He really was a great boy and got the hang of it all fairly fast. So I went around the round pen for a while and then decided he was so good, let's go outside and play around the driveway (still in a halter)....

No comments:

Post a Comment