Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some History...

First pics I saw of Storm...his arrival at Amber's....

(PIctures Deleted)

Ok, to tide the time over til his arrival, I will post some history about Storm. I would like to start at the beginning, but since I haven't known him that long (though I hope his breeder might comment with some "baby" stories and such..come on Barb!), I will start with when I first met him.
It was somewhere's around late '05 or early '06 (lestways I have pictures of us together labeled Feb '06)...He was up in Oregon, bout 3 1/2 hrs north of me, visiting my friend Amber Applegate. She bought Firestorm to use as a breeding stallion in her then gaited endurance horse breeding program. He came from Canada, where he ran on lots of acreage with another stud, getting to just be a boy and have fun... I absolutely fell in LOVE with him the moment I laid eyes on him. He was so handsome! I hadn't seen a horse with so much presence, yet a self assured calmness and a kind and quiet eye that just asked to love and dote on him. My friend Terri says he and I must have known each other in a former life or something as we just seem to connect...
Anyway, Amber asked me for help getting him started under saddle (ie, I make a great crash test dummy for getting on a horse for the first time). I of course said SURE!. And made plans to come on up for a training weekend (I had previously also helped her with her other very lovely TWH stallion Shotgun starting under saddle and on his first ride to the BIG SCARY RIVER , and he was so good, that I felt it was no big deal). So off I went to OR in Feb '06 for some fun times with studdly boy....

No comments:

Post a Comment