Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Firestorm's Anarionien



Since she got into so much trouble, I suppose I should introduce Anarionien (Ari) to those readers who might not know her. Firestorm is the reason I own her :)

(Pictures Deleted)

I liked Storm so much after working with him even intermittently for the last few years (what am I going to do, when he is here and I see him every day!??), that I really wanted a baby by him. And after riding with my friend Terri for years now and watching her great horse Oliver do so well (he is half Standardbred and gets his stamina toughness, and crazy trotting speed...the 15.2 gelding I ride has a big trot...he still has to put on a handgallop when 14.2 hd Oli lets the afterburner ignite.....from the STB), I wanted an STB mom. Well, Amber (who owned Storm at the time) had a STB mare in her breeding herd that fit the bill. Ari was born and I snatched her right up as soon as Amber (who prob is still kicking herself for it) decided to sell her instead of keep her. It was love on first sight! Here she is at 10 days old.....

(Pictures Deleted)

Well, I brought her home in October after weaning (I went to visit her twice before she was weaned and she was as cute and sweet as she looked in pictures). She got right into my trailer with no fuss and hauled great. Once home, I decided to board her at my friend Tracie's place. It is right down the street from me and she'd have a pasture and a couple of Welshes to play with.


She is a playful one...picks up everything!



Her second hoof trim..


Her first day home... I am in love :)



And now, almost nine months after I got her home, she has grown into a HUGE (she turned one in April, and is now already 14hds... EGADS!!!!) but very sweet and wonderful baby girl :)


































I sure hope she turns out as nice and calm, reasonable, and fun as her daddy :) She will be a great endurance horse then!

No comments:

Post a Comment